August 16, 2021
First Ever Declaration of Water Shortage On The Colorado
August 16,2021 - 24-Month Report and Shortage Declaration. Reclamation.
- August 16, 2021 - Appeal Challenges Federal Approval of Water Contract Threatening Utah’s Green River / Agency Failed to Consider Climate Change Science, Future Water Shortages Amid Megadrought. Press Release from Center for Biological Diversity.
- August 16, 2021 - First CAP shortage for Colorado River declared; more cuts may be coming soon. Tony Davis for Arizona Daily Star.
- August 16, 2021 - In a First, U.S. Declares Shortage on Colorado River, Forcing Water Cuts. Henry Fountain for New York Times.
- August 16, 2021 - As Colorado River Basin states confront water shortages, it’s time to focus on reducing demand. Robert Glennon for The Conservation; Univ of AZ.
- August 17, 2021 - First-ever water cuts declared for Colorado River in historic drought. By Rachel Ramirez for CNN.
- August 16, 2021 - OpEd: Climate upheaval is upon Utah, and we can’t dither, Robert Gehrke explains. By Robert Gehrke of Salt Lake Tribune.
- August 16, 2021 - "St. George is not going to get their pipeline." Some look to Utah amid Colorado River cuts. By Joan Meiners for St. George Spectrum & Daily News.
- August 16, 2021 - Water shortage declared on the Colorado, triggering cuts to Arizona, Nevada and Mexico Declining flows don’t bode well for Utah’s dreams of expanding its share of the West’s mightiest river. By Brian Maffly for Salt Lake Tribune.
- August 25, 2021, - Forecasters couldn’t predict how quickly Colorado River reservoirs would dry up this year. Scientists are trying to improve their models. As climate change disrupts weather patterns in mountain regions across the world, scientists are recognizing the need to innovative new research models. By Zak Podmore for Salt Lake Tribune.
- August 26, 2021 - Anatomy of a drought: How the West may change for decades to come. Water woes are gripping no fewer than 17 states. By Amy Joi O'Donoghue for Deseret News.
Back | Top
Last Update: October 30, 2007