CLICK HERE to read the poster for this event.
- WHEN: Saturday October 9th at 11 am.
- WHERE: White Mesa Community Building adjacent to the gas station (Marathon Oil); Hwy 191 south of Blanding, Utah and north of Bluff, Utah.
- WHO: The White Mesa Concerned Community and Ute Mountain Ute Tribe.
- WHAT: A Spiritual Walk and Protest against Energy Fuels' uranium mill.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- The walk from the community center to the uranium mill will be Covid-safe, masks please!
- A caravan will be provided for those that cannot make the 4 mile walk) to the entrance to the mill.
- Please spread the word and come down to White Mesa on October 9th.
- Wear comfortable shoes and bring plenty of water!
Call White Mesa Concerned Community at (435) 459-2461.
Sponsored by White Mesa Concerned Community
Co-sponsors: Bears Ears Inter-Tribal Coalition, Canyon Country Rising Tide, Earthworks, Greenaction for Health and Environmental Justice, Grand Canyon Trust, Great Old Broads for Wilderness, HEAL Utah, Living Rivers, Multicultural Alliance for a Safe Environment, PANDOS, SLC Air Protectors, Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance, Uranium Watch, Utah Chapter of the Sierra Club.
- For a regional conference.
- The co-sponsors will host this program and virtually on zoom.
- October 7th (5-7 pm)
- October 8th; morning/afternoon.
- We will share the schedule and registration info asap.