Shrinking Snowpacks in Utah, Wyoming, Colorado require states to cut their water use from Colorado River and its tributaries or risk ‘Call on the River.’
Virtual Press Conference Scheduled for 10:00 am Mountain Time Dec 13 on Zoom, with the following organizations
• Host: Zach Frankel, Executive Director, Utah Rivers Council
River activists - upstream to downstream:
• Jen Pelz, Wild Rivers Program Director at WildEarth Guardians
• John Weisheit, Conservation Director Living Rivers & Colorado Riverkeeper
• Kyle Roerink, Executive Director of the Great Basin Water Network
• Robin Silver, Senior Staff, Cofounder Center for Biological Diversity
• Margarita Diaz, Executive Director of Proyecto Fronterizo de Educación Ambiental, the Tijuana Waterkeeper
Click here to read the press release: "3 of 4 Upper Colorado River Basin States Overusing Colorado River Water."
Click here to read the new report -" The Colorado River on Borrowed Time: Colorado River Shortages & the New Normal of Climate Change."
Coalition in the news:
Click here to read this story by Kyle Dunphey for The Deseret News
Click here to read this story by Brian Maffly for the Salt Lake Tribune