SCOPING COMMENT PERIOD HAS CLOSED
If you submitted comments on time (December 20, 2022), you may still provide supplemental information and records to Reclamation. Especially after reading the following letters and news about plans from the states that are off target and overdue by 50-years.
Two alternatives from the Seven States
Alternative from Living Rivers, Great Basin Water Network and Colorado Riverkeeper Listen:
Solutions: will not arrive until the limits of this geography and its climate are respected and embedded into new and different policies for long-term regional planning. The adherants to the Colorado River Compact of 1922 are perpetuating system failure and societal collapse.
- February 1, 2023 - Plan is elusive as river shrinks. By Ian James for The Los Angeles Times.
- February 1, 2023 - California Opposes Colorado River Plan. By Tony Davis for Arizona Daily Star.
- February 1, 2023 - California releases its own plan for Colorado River cuts. By Kathleen Ronayne and Suman Naishadham for The Associated Press.
- February 1, 2023 - Conservation organizations emphasize need to protect environmental priorities in CR Basin. Major NGOs.
- February 2, 2023 - California's Colorado River plan would hit Arizona hard. Tony Davis for The Arizona Daily Star.
- February 2, 2023 - State pushes its plan to save water. Ian James for The Los Angeles Times.
- February 3, 2023 - Biden administration is caught between California and its neighbors in Colorado River fight. By Camille Von Kaenel & Annie Snider for Politico.
- February 3, 2023 - Why is California going it alone in Colorado River talks. By Ian James for The Los Angeles Times.
- February 4, 2023 - Law of the River is at the heart of water crisis. By Hayley Smith and Ian James for The Los Angeles Times.
- February 4, 2023 - Game of chicken or chess game: Colorado River solution elusive. Tony Davis for Arizona Daily Star.
- February 5, 2023 - Key Colorado River reservoirs unlikely to refill in our lifetimes. By Rong-Gong Lin II and Ian James for The Los Angeles Times.
Federal Register Notice: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2022/11/17/2022-25004/notice-of-intent-to-prepare-a-supplemental-environmental-impact-statement-for-december-2007-record
Reclamation anticipates utilizing the work of this SEIS to also inform operating guidelines for the 2025-26 period, which will also undergo NEPA analysis in the near future.
OFFICIAL RECLAMATION WEBPAGE FOR THIS SEIS